WPQR and WPS procedures for welding
Welding procedure qualification procedures development and subsequent preparation and implementation of technology is a multi-stage process. The pace of work and reliability of the final result will depend on the knowledge and experience of the welding consultant. We implement WPQR and WPS procedures for welding, according to EN ISO 15614-1, EN 1090, EN 13445, EN 13480, NORSOK M-101, NORSOK M-601, AWS D1.1, ASME IX and PED Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68.
Welding production and procedures
Before implementing the procedures, we familiarize ourselves with the details of welding production of the client company and recommend preliminary technological solutions. Initially, you need to evaluate what technologies are needed to meet the process requirements for the thickness and ranges of the qualified base material grade. The full development of the Welding Procedure Qualification Record (WPQR) procedures are handled in cooperation with client and a testing laboratory that performs destructive and non-destructive testing. The results of these tests are valuable indications for the creation of Welding Procedure Specification- WPS.
Qualification stages of WPQR welding technology
The process from meeting the client and welding consulting stages to the moment when the welding instructions are used are as follows:
- design analysis - determination of the process, grade of basic material, thickness and diameter ranges and associated equipment
- preparation of the initial welding technology guide – pWPS (Preliminary Welding Procedure Specification)
- internal test of welding of the target connection
- welding plates or pipes witnessed by Notified Body
- positive results of non-destructive testing, transition to destructive testing
- release of qualified WPQR welding technology by the Notified Body
- development of the welding technology Specification - WPS.